Success may be delayed, not denied, says UPSC Civil Services 2016 topper Nandini K R

Nandini had cleared the 2014 civil services examination but secured 849 rank.
Hailing from a quaint little town called Kolar in Karnataka; Nandini K R has topped the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) examination 2016.

In an interview with Rohini Swamy of India Today, a proud Nandini spoke on her efforts and how she moved from a civil engineering job to appearing for the IAS exam.

As of now, she is serving in Faridabad after clearing her IRS examination.


HOW DID YOU REACT WHEN YOU FIRST HEARD THAT YOU HAVE TOPPED THE UPSC EXAM?
Nandini K R: I was very happy and surprised as well. I have worked hard and given my 100 percent for the examination.

BEING A CIVIL ENGINEER FOR TWO YEARS AT THE KARNATAKA BHAVAN, WHAT MADE YOU TAKE UP THE IRS AND UPSC EXAM?
Nandini K R:  I always wanted to be an IAS officer so put out my best.

MESSAGE TO OTHER UPSC ASPIRANTS:
Nandini K R: The one thing I learnt was that UPSC tests the basic level of knowledge and how to bring about innovations in our day to day life. It also helps mould our personality. If you can master the art of working hard and dedicate your time to understanding what the target of the exam is, you can achieve anything," she told Indian Today.

ANYBODY IN YOUR FAMILY WHO ALSO HAS BEEN IN THE IAS/ICS/IRS CADRE:
Nandini K R: Nobody in my family has ever been an IAS/ICS/IRS.  I am the first one.

WHO INSPIRED YOU?

Nandini K R:  My father Ramesh K V who is a high school teacher in Kolar and my mother Vimala KV has been my inspiration. Both my parents and brother have stood by me like a rock.

WAS IT YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT AT THE CIVIL SERVICES EXAM?
Nandini K R:  One thing I can definitely say to all is that success may be delayed, but definitely not denied. I had attempted the UPSC exam thrice before. I ranked 642 in last year's UPSC exam.

ARE YOU LOOKING AT ANY SPECIAL POSTING OR WHICH STATE CADRE WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN?
Nandini K R: I am happy to serve anywhere. I will give my best anywhere I am placed.

Moreover, Nandini had cleared the 2014 civil services examination but secured 849 rank. It was then that she ended up with the Indian Revenue Service.
5 Upsc Gyan: Success may be delayed, not denied, says UPSC Civil Services 2016 topper Nandini K R Nandini had cleared the 2014 civil services examination but secured 849 rank. Hailing from a quaint little town called Kolar in Karnataka;...

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Studies Tricks